Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mystery Water

I have to share what happened to me last night.
My flatmates and I along with a few other people were exiting a bar a good clip away from the apartment. I was minding my own business on the deserted street while several rather boisterous ladies in our group were talking very loudly on the sidewalk (ok, they were yelling). All of a sudden out of the blue I felt a wave over take me nearly knocking me over in my surprised state. This was not a metaphorical wave, no sir it was an actual wave of liquid.
I was stunned for a moment in the street, dripping wet and wondering what the hell happened. I looked up and couldn't see a thing, all apartment lights were out and the road was devoid of streetlights. All I could see was one open window on the fifth floor of the adjacent building. I immediately smelled my clothes to make sure I wasn't urinated on from on high, but that would have been one mighty golden shower, the lack of scent confirmed this fact.
Finally I pieced togethere what must have happened, some guy or girl must have heard very loud english being spoken late at night, filled up a bucket and emptied its contents out the window, overshooting his target and nailing me directly with his soaking blow.
I have to admit that he was either extremely lucky or a very good marksman to so thouroughly soak me. In retrospect, it was one of the funniest things that has ever happened to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome! Seems like an auspicious event to me...